365 days without shopping!

Let's be honest girls...we buy too many clothes. This year I have decided to put an end to my constant clothing consumption and re-invent, re-work and recycle my own wardrobe and the wardrobes around me. I will only wear clothes made by my own hands, exchanged / borrowed from a friend (or friendly stranger) or salvaged secondhand. And so starts my good fashion choices, even if I'm only making them for myself.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kiara the Cat


    
                                                           

Now here's a fun tale,
a sweet little piece.
Of a chirpy young girl,
my bold, pseudo niece.

Some say that she's fiery,
some say she's got game.
But one wink and a smile
and she'll have you tame!

Our story begins 
in a land far away.
Somewhere near Europe,
some call the UK.

Off to Reception
little Kiara did go.
In this land overseas,
'it's a cold place you know'!

This day of all days
 the one she did share,
 was none other than the
world famous 'World Book Fair'!

Did she go as an Alice,
a fairy or Pat?
No
       No
             No
                    No
                           No
                                   No!
She went as 'Cat in the Hat'!


Handmade project by Shannon Clements.











No comments:

Post a Comment