365 days without shopping!

Let's be honest girls...we buy too many clothes. This year I have decided to put an end to my constant clothing consumption and re-invent, re-work and recycle my own wardrobe and the wardrobes around me. I will only wear clothes made by my own hands, exchanged / borrowed from a friend (or friendly stranger) or salvaged secondhand. And so starts my good fashion choices, even if I'm only making them for myself.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Diva Trash Bag

Ever cleared out your jewelry box only to find the majority of it is tacky, tarnished trash? Well I have. Who'd of thought that buying a cheap necklace here and a massive pair of glitzy earrings there would amount to a kg (yes that's right 1 kilogram) of unwanted, costume chaos! Imagine my pain when I thought of all this in landfill! Finally my bower bird ways had trap me in a nest of excess consumption.
I believe my addiction to bling started with a fruitloop necklace in preschool (but even that was handmade and biodegradable). So I think I'll have to blame my tacky tweens and my extended student years for the expedient growth of this disastrous collection.  
Here's what I made out of the salvageable pieces...
What's in your jewelry box? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment